Hi, I'm Rob Larsen. I'm a graffiti artist, writer, speaker and front end engineer from Boston.
Here are five quick facts that might give a sense of who I am:
- I've been doing graffiti and graffiti style art for nearly 30 years. My art is in collections all around the country. My art is regularly shown alongside some of the biggest names in graffiti and street art.
- I'm an expert front end engineer with 12 years experience leading teams. I've built over 100 web sites and am experienced making complicated, cutting edge web applications.
- I'm a published writer with credits as diverse as IBM developerWorks, The Weekly Dig, the Boston Metro and Rare Book Review. I've interviewed people like Bernie Wrightson, Jackie Chan, Tony Hawk and Darren Aronofsky.
- I'm an expert on collectible comic books, with a strong focus on the rarest, most valuable books in the hobby.
- I'm available for quotes, articles, teaching and speaking on any of these subjects. I regularly present on web technology and I've taught classes on graffiti to students from middle school through college. If you're looking for someone to talk to or write about any of those subjects, I'm your man.
Featuring sometimes daily sketches as well as writing on arts, culture and sports.
New at the Site
- I added a bunch of new paintings.
- I added art to the digital graffiti styles section
- 12 new black book images- lots of fun graffiti outlines.
- New letters in the alphabet series: A,C,K,S,T,U, and Y
- I added art to two sections- graffiti paintings and digital graffiti styles.
- I added some new graffiti walls- a cool black and white piece with a character and a bunch of photos from Paint it Now
- Running Monster and The DEATH PEPPER
- Four new pieces of life drawing: life drawing (1), life drawing (2), life drawing (3), life drawing (4)
- Two new black and white illustrations: Infernal Affairs and Frankenstein's Monster
- a bunch of new digital graffiti
- 17 new black book images
- A new Graffiti Letter B.
- A new graffiti wall.
- I added a huge pile of black book images. Too many to list. Start here and just keep clicking until there's nothing else to see :)
- I added two digital graffiti style images- both in black, white, gray and blue
- I added several comic book style illustrations: Godzilla, Jack-o-Lantern, Swamp thing, Swamp Thing Redux
- I went back to the well with a new piece in my painted painted alphabet series
- I did a piece at the wall at central square
No Mod Required
- Friday is here. Welcome Friday.
- Sunday is not Monday
- I Will Paint Outside Once The Snow Clears
- I Made a Scatter Plot Data Visualization with AngularJS and SVG. Here?s How I Did It.
- I?m Going to be Presenting at jQuery Conference. It?s in San Diego. You Should Go, Too.
- Late Notice: I?m Presenting on Canvas Tomorrow at HTML5 Boston
- I?m Giving Away a Copy of My Book, Beginning HTML and CSS
It's All Just Comics
- Artwork Featuring First Appearance of Wolverine to be Auctioned at Heritage
- The New Heritage Comics Auction is Live (I LOVE THIS COVER)
- Record Comic Book Sales List Updated- Now With a Chart Plotting $100,000+ Sales Over the Past 20 Years
- I'd Never Seen This Trippy Cover Before- Worlds of Fear 10