Hi, I'm Rob Larsen. I'm a graffiti artist, writer, speaker and front end engineer from Boston.
Here are five quick facts that might give a sense of who I am:
- I've been doing graffiti and graffiti style art for nearly 30 years. My art is in collections all around the country. My art is regularly shown alongside some of the biggest names in graffiti and street art.
- I'm an expert front end engineer with 12 years experience leading teams. I've built over 100 web sites and am experienced making complicated, cutting edge web applications.
- I'm a published writer with credits as diverse as IBM developerWorks, The Weekly Dig, the Boston Metro and Rare Book Review. I've interviewed people like Bernie Wrightson, Jackie Chan, Tony Hawk and Darren Aronofsky.
- I'm an expert on collectible comic books, with a strong focus on the rarest, most valuable books in the hobby.
- I'm available for quotes, articles, teaching and speaking on any of these subjects. I regularly present on web technology and I've taught classes on graffiti to students from middle school through college. If you're looking for someone to talk to or write about any of those subjects, I'm your man.
Featuring sometimes daily sketches as well as writing on arts, culture and sports.
New at the Site
- I added a bunch of new paintings.
- I added art to the digital graffiti styles section
- 12 new black book images- lots of fun graffiti outlines.
- New letters in the alphabet series: A,C,K,S,T,U, and Y
- I added art to two sections- graffiti paintings and digital graffiti styles.
- I added some new graffiti walls- a cool black and white piece with a character and a bunch of photos from Paint it Now
- Running Monster and The DEATH PEPPER
- Four new pieces of life drawing: life drawing (1), life drawing (2), life drawing (3), life drawing (4)
- Two new black and white illustrations: Infernal Affairs and Frankenstein's Monster
- a bunch of new digital graffiti
- 17 new black book images
- A new Graffiti Letter B.
- A new graffiti wall.
- I added a huge pile of black book images. Too many to list. Start here and just keep clicking until there's nothing else to see :)
- I added two digital graffiti style images- both in black, white, gray and blue
- I added several comic book style illustrations: Godzilla, Jack-o-Lantern, Swamp thing, Swamp Thing Redux
- I went back to the well with a new piece in my painted painted alphabet series
- I did a piece at the wall at central square
No Mod Required
- I?m actually going to paint this tomorrow.
- Keep Sweep- The Many Glories of Rome and Other Things
- Playing With 3d (and Brush Markers)
- Black and White and Simple
- I?m Presenting on Data Visualization at the Boston Front End Developers Meetup May 22
- Please Fill Out My Front End Engineering Roles Poll
- Windows Apps for Web and Front End Developers
- My Slides from HTML5DevConf, Now with 100% More Browsing (and Photos)